Airport Extreme On or Off

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by McShizzel, Mar 17, 2009.

?

Do you unplug your Airport Extreme to shut it off or do you leave it on 24/7?

1. Unplug

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. On 24/7

12 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. McShizzel macrumors regular

Just curious who unplugs the Airport to turn it off or just leaves it running 24/7.

I'm contemplating if I should just leave it on 24/7 since I moved my surge protector it has become difficult to unplug. :(

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

I leave it on. It really doesn't draw too much power, and i'd hazard a guess that the electrical shock from plugging and unplugging it is more detrimental to the unit than having power go though it 24/7

3. bubbamike macrumors newbie

Why would you unplug it? My Tivo uses it to connect to programing data and that usually happens in the middle of the night. I also have downloads going on in the wee small hours. If for some reason I wanted to not have connectivity I'd unplug my cable modem not my router. If you're worried about someone stealing your service set up decent encryption or turn off wireless.

4. emt1 macrumors 65816

5. macleod199 macrumors 6502

I turn off my power bar every night, with the AEBS plugged into it. Partly for heat production/power usage reasons, partly because the fan is getting louder in its old age and its in my bedroom (I have two HDs under it - designed to be stacked with the mac mini).