Airport Extreme or Airport Ex-SCREAM!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by siz, Jan 11, 2009.

1. siz macrumors newbie

My lovely new Airport Extreme (Had for a month or two now) has done nothing but torment the soles of my computers (the Macs have soles not sure about the PCs) any some computers cannot connect at all some computers couldn't connect then could connect then couldn't again.

An iMac kept getting booted off every two minutes (Fact around 30 seconds to 5 minutes but usually around 2 minutes for most of the time) and has to reset it's wireless just to get back on and a Dell has to connect via an external wireless stick (even though it has an internal one built in) just so it can connect, when will this madness stop!

I may just downgrade to a Belkin or Netgear or a Linksys but before i consider that sort of thing is there anything I can do, it's been sent back to it's factory default setting before and it's still got the beast inside, is it meant to do this, is it faulty, this this torture ever stop, YOU TELL ME?

Even Microsoft wouldn't make such a shoddy £130 router....

THE HORROR, THE HORRORS, AGHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhorror!

2. brentsg macrumors 68040

I have like 6 of them and they are rock solid and always have been. Yours was probably just defective and needed to be replaced.

3. CP123 macrumors regular

What gives you the impression that switching to a Belkin, Netgear or Linksys is a downgrade?

4. siz thread starter macrumors newbie

Is this some kind of joke, of course it would be a downgrade!

5. CP123 macrumors regular

No it's not a joke. Explain why it's a downgrade. Is it because you believe that the AE is the best router out right now? If that's the case, then live with it and whatever problems you have. You're the one writing in talking about all the problems you have.

Or is it that you believe that all Apple products are superior to any other products out there? I'm just trying to figure out why you think its a downgrade. There are alot of good routers out there that work with both pc and Mac.

Just my thoughts.