Airport Extreme: Port forwarding problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Dreamer2go, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Dreamer2go macrumors 6502a

Hello
    I got a major issue with Airport extreme, and hope you guys can help.

I'm using the newest Airport extreme with gigabit Ethernet as well as a MBP. My problem is that I am using ShakesPeer at the moment, and I can't connect to my university's local hub. Another program called Dtella is required, so in order for me to connect to my university's hub, I need Dtella to run in the background, while ShakesPeer is opened.
    ---

ShakesPeer:

Now here is the problem:
    Whenever I try to connect to the hub, I receive this msg:

[10:13] <*Dtella> 1. Scanning For Online Nodes...
    [10:13] <*Dtella> *** UDP PORT FORWARD REQUIRED ***
    [10:13] <*Dtella> In order for Dtella to communicate properly, it needs to receive UDP traffic
    [10:13] <*Dtella> from the Internet. Dtella is currently listening on UDP port 3000, but the
    [10:13] <*Dtella> packets appear to be getting blocked, most likely by a firewall or a router. If
    [10:13] <*Dtella> this is the case, then you will have to configure your firewall or router to
    [10:13] <*Dtella> allow UDP traffic through on this port. You may tell Dtella to use a different
    [10:13] <*Dtella> port from now on by typing !UDP followed by a number.

My ShakesPeer is running in Passive mode.

Obviously, there is something wrong with the UDP. I manually set it to 3000 in ShakesPeer, so I probably need to do it the same with Airport Utility 5.2

---
    Airport Utility 5.2

In Airport Utility, I found my base station, and went to the config menu. Then I went to the tab Advance > Port Mapping and did the following:

[​IMG]

I chose the Port Mapping selection and chose: Personal File Sharing
    then I did this:

[​IMG]

I renamed it and clicked UPDATE, and the base station restarted itself.

Here are my additional info:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Connect using: Ethernet
    Configure IPv4: Using DHCP
    IP Adress: XXX.211.XXX.XXX

etc....

After doing this, it STILL doesn't work in ShakesPeer...I still receive the msg I posted above. Did I do something wrong?
    How do I set the Port mapping correctly for ShakesPeer?

Appreciate your help and thanks for your time.

2. kolax macrumors G3

10.0.1.200 is your MBP IP address right? Find it out by going to System Prefs - Network, and click on the TCP/IP tab.

Also, you'll have to open that port in your OSX firewall too, assuming it is turned on.

Go to System Prefs - Sharing, and click on Firewall. Then "new" and select "other" as the service, and enter your port details there.

I'd make sure you remember to close off that port whenever you are using a public wifi zone.