Airport Extreme Port Forwarding

Discussion in 'macOS' started by (KHC) Shadow, Mar 10, 2012.

1. (KHC) Shadow macrumors newbie

Hello, I have already used airport utility to port forward my airport express. I went into manual settings -> advanced -> port mapping, and added the ports I wanted to forward to 10.0.1.201. However, now when I try to check to see if the ports are open on a port checking website it says they're closed. My network settings are the following (these are manually entered): ip: 10.0.1.201 subnet: 255.255.255.0 router: 10.0.1.1 DNS: 10.0.1.1. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

2. Macman756 macrumors 6502a

Macman756

I am having the exact same issue. Still haven't figured it out.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

This is not a port, this is an IP address. It doesn't look like you've forwarded any ports at all.

4. (KHC) Shadow thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I mean that I forwarded the ports to the ip address 10.0.1.201

5. AgencyDigital macrumors newbie

AgencyDigital

Please help!!

Switched my cable service & ports are closed. In a nutshell: switched to Time Warner wide band. Had to force the modem into bridge mode so I can open ports through Airport Utility (Double NAT). I have tried a few different ports and nothing will open.

Any help?

6. CTAppleFan macrumors newbie

Port Forward / IP Camera

I am having a similar problem trying to set up a wireless camera. I can use the camera while inside my home (through the Wi-Fi environment), but can't access it remotely. I have tried various processes within the "network" section of the AirPort Utility. I have linked the MAC address with the static IP address, and have Port Mapped it using "QuickTime Streaming Server" which automatically populated the TCP Ports. My camera has a default HTTP Port of 80, which is what I put into the UDP port section. Not sure if I've done this correctly or not, but I know when I check my external IP address the ports are all "closed"?

7. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

You ISP is very likely blocking port 80 externally because they don't want you running a web server from your house. Try changing the camera to another unused port.

8. CTAppleFan macrumors newbie

I initially had it set to 45 (port) but changed it back to 80 when it didn't work. Incredibly frustrating, as the device works perfectly within our home wifi environment.