Airport extreme power supply

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Greysquirrel, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Greysquirrel macrumors member

Greysquirrel

Bought a used Airport extreme Model MC340LL/A and it came with a power supply model TO12A051 and I can't get it to connect to the Airport extreme.
    Is this the right power supply or am I just not doing something right?
    It has a black tip on the end of the connector that does not seem to be able to come out that is why I was wondering if I have the right PS. The diameter of the hole on the connector looks like it is smaller that the pin on the AE, or maybe it just looks like it.
    Trying to get hold of the guy I bought it from but so far I get no response to my emails. Either he sent the wrong power supply if this one is wrong or he just go rid of one he did not want and did not know it would not work or I just got screwed.
    Or maybe it is the right one and I am just a dummy who can't plug it into the only place on the AE that it may fit.
    If anyone can help me with this before I go to an Apple store and be told I have to buy a new one for some outrageous price It would be. appreciated

2. simsaladimbamba

The power supply should look like this, nothing black on it, as far as I can remember, though I will check, when I get back home, as I have an AEBS from early 2009.
    [​IMG]

3. Greysquirrel thread starter macrumors member

Greysquirrel

The fitting that goes into the AE has a black plastic ring at the end and it is too big to go into the AE.
    Thanks for the reply.

4. skorpien macrumors 68020

Pictures? Is the black plastic ring removable? Pictures would help though, just to be on the safe side.

5. Greysquirrel thread starter macrumors member

Greysquirrel

I have found that model number for sale on Amazon and the description says it is for the round AE and not the square white one.
    But thanks for your reply.

6. tekbench, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2012