Airport Extreme Printer Issues

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by kjm11379, Jan 21, 2011.

1. kjm11379 macrumors newbie

I have a 2007 Airport Extreme, 2009 Macbook Pro and a Brand new Lexmark 905Pro printer. I have had the printer setup to print via wifi on my airport extreme network for the past few months, and then today nothing. I cannot get the printer to print on the network Everything else (macbook pro, ipod touch, ipad, PS3) on my network is working fine. I restored the the printer to factory defaults and attempted to get it back on the network. The printer can see my network and I enter the password and the wifi light on the printer turns green. I can scan to email directly from the printer and access all the web apps on the printer, but I cannot print from my macbook pro to the printer. IT is telling me the printer is "offline." I ran a cable from the airport extreme to the printer and set it up to print that way and everything is fine with the printing. I just have no idea why i cannot print via wifi anymore? Another note the past couple weeks I notice I am losing the connection to the airport extreme and the macbook pro then cannot find the network name. Could my extreme be going bad? or is it the printer?:confused:

2. gsahli macrumors 6502a

gsahli

Could be the Extreme, or, "might" be a neighbor with a new router interfering. Use iStumbler to look at nearby signal strengths.
    http://www.istumbler.net/

(Change channel in the Extreme to reduce interference)