airport extreme problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by relsah, Dec 29, 2012.

1. relsah macrumors newbie

I have a new Airport extreme model A1408 but my Airport utility version 6.1 can not detect it.

It just giving me the blinking yellow light for the last 1 hour. I was told by apple tech support that they need to install a network driver but for them to do that they told me that I have to have a software support plan, something like $99/year. I said forget it and I will just return the device.

I have hard reset the device and it is still doing the same thing. I even tried detecting it using my Ipad, Iphone 5, and MBpro, but none of them can detect it.

i also have connected the airport extreme to my imac thru an ethernet cable and still it could not be detected.

next step i did was to connect the extreme to my windows 7 machine via ethernet cable and could not detect as well.

So this leads me to believe that the device is defective, or I maybe wrong. So that's why I'm here, to see if there is anything else I should do before I ask for a replacement.

2. ConCat macrumors 6502a

ConCat

Sounds you have a very rare example of a defective airport extreme. The one I own has been working fine for... maybe two years now. I'd go ahead and get a replacement.

3. justperry, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012

justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Isn't there a reset button on it, and if so hold it for lets say 10 seconds, it should reset, you'll loose all settings though.

Edit: I read again, you already did this.

One more thin, have you also tried this:

Resetting an AirPort Base Station or Time Capsule FAQ