Airport Extreme Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by TCrowe, Sep 2, 2014.

1. TCrowe, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2014

TCrowe macrumors member

TCrowe

I installed my new Netgear NAS 104 today but my computer, a macpro, did not register it. I decided to check settings in the Airport Utility and for got and re entered the wrong name for the A.E. Now the utility that has always been here does not find the airport router. Everything was fine until Mr. knowitall changed that. I still don't see the new Netgear being recognized though.

I downloaded the utility from Apple, v5.6.1 for Snow Leopard and install it and it either shows up as the old utility or does not show up at all.

Before I start a solemn period of weeping I thought I would check in here to see if anyone has an answer to the problem. I did not uninstall the existing Airport Utility when I installed the new one but this is after the fact of the box not being recognized. I did write down all the airport connection data some time ago but can't get into the utility to redo it.

I will wait for you to get back to me with withering comments on being dumb as a post. It comes naturally! Although the airport base has a steady yellow light I am still able to connect with the net.

I feel like the guy who put together a survival kit and used 500 jars of sweet pickles about now.

2. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Why not just factory reset and start fresh?

3. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

That's what I was thinking. Maybe even factory reset both of them.

4. TCrowe thread starter macrumors member

TCrowe

I can reset the NAS but I have no control over the airport utility. I cannot enter or change any data or settings as the utility window is gone and all it does is search for the router and cannot find it

5. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Check out this guide on Apple.com on how to reset your Airport.

6. TCrowe thread starter macrumors member

TCrowe

Well, it took 6 tries filling in the nomenclatures and I finally got it reset and have a green light. Thank you for the link. If I didn't wear glasses I would never have found the reset button on the back of the router. Didn't even know it was there. Apple had it camo'd in that cream color.
    Again, thank you. Very much appreciated.

7. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Cool. Glad you got it working again!