Airport Extreme Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by airkarol, Apr 5, 2007.

1. airkarol macrumors 6502

Hey,

I've had an Airport Extreme for a while now. Once in a while the connection will drop, and the only solution is to unplug and replug in the Airport. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thank you.

2. Ironwill macrumors newbie

Problem

YEs I have been having this problem for quite some time. I have no idea what is causing it.

3. djsound macrumors 6502a

djsound

it might not be the airport extreme or whatever router but it might be your computer........my imac disconnects every once in awhile using a couple different wireless routers.........

4. biohazard6969 macrumors 6502a

biohazard6969

mine does this all the time. also, it gives very poor signal, even though i have an airport express extending my network, i only get 1 bar in windows on my imac but full when running OS X. either way it seems like a pretty unreliable connection

5. airkarol thread starter macrumors 6502

Well my MBP is right next to the airport most of the time, and it receives 3 to 4 bars. I know the problem isn't the computer because there are multiple computers that are getting their wireless internet from this airport.

6. micsaund macrumors 6502

micsaund

I had the lockup happen to me yesterday with my nice new AE + connected disk.

It happened when I was trying to backup a 6GB Parallels image to the airdisk. The disk just disappeared/unmounted although the wifi indicated on the bar showed I was still connected. I could not access anything on the internet though, and had to power cycle the AE.

I found other references to people having problems with transferring lots of data (or lots of large files), but no matter what causes it, it means that I cannot count on the AE/airdisk to be a decent backup drive.

Anyway, were you using the airdisk when you see the connection problems? If so, you might be seeing the same thing I did.

Mike

7. micsaund macrumors 6502

micsaund

I just experienced the AE dropping the airdisk and locking up again.

I think I'm sending this back for a refund until v2 comes out...

8. airkarol thread starter macrumors 6502

No, I don't own an airdisk. I actually havn't had the problem recently, as I purchased an airport express to go along with the extreme.