Airport Extreme Problems please help!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by DesignDJ, May 7, 2012.

1. DesignDJ macrumors newbie

So I just updated my cable modem to the Motorola SB6121 DOCSIS 3.0. I also bought a brand new Airport Extreme and a new Apple TV. I also have a Vonage modem. Below is how I set it up...

Motorola Cable Modem > Airport Extreme > (1st ethernet port to Apple TV)(2nd ethernet port to Vonage modem)

This has caused issues with my vonage service and also made it so my Apple TV doesn't recognize being plugged in to the port... I've had to go back to wireless streaming. My goal is to have my Apple TV hardwired to my Airport. What am I doing wrong? How can I get my Apple TV to recognize being plugged in again?

Please help, my wife is pissed at me for spending a bunch of money and it not working, THANKS!

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

You'll have to plug your Vonage router into your Motorola modem, then you'll need to disable DHCP on the Extreme (turn Connection Sharing to Off (Bridge mode) in your AirPort Utility) and plug it into your Vonage router. Then you can connect your ATV to the Extreme and it should all work.