Airport Extreme random dropping?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by phanboyjohn, Jul 9, 2007.

1. phanboyjohn macrumors member

This is a really frustrating issue I've been having, with my otherwise awesome Airport Extreme (g, not n) base station. I get flawless wireless, really fantastic, but about once a day, the network just seems to die. The network no longer appears on the list of wireless networks, the base station is still on (no strange things, like explosions or something), and the cable modem registers as working.

Right now, I've become so fed up that I just feed directly from the cable modem to the laptop. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is it just my base station? I feel like this has happened enough where it can't be an isolated incident.

Thanks so much everyone!

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Have you tried to change wireless channels on the AEBS

3. phanboyjohn thread starter macrumors member

Right now, my channel is set to Auto, with Interference Robustness on--should I manually set the channel?

4. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Try downloading a wireless sniffer to see what is in you area. That will help you in finding the right channel to use

5. DqP macrumors newbie

This problem has been driving me nuts for the past month since the release of the new system update for my macbook! I've read some forums posting about it but have not found any answers. I don't know if i just need to roll back my update or deal with it until a new update comes out.

6. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

What problem are you having? Or are you talking about what the OP is having problems with :confused: