Airport Extreme Reviews

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by yoyo5280, Aug 5, 2007.

1. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

Our crappy router is about to die, and my dad wants to know if he should get the Airport Extreme. Is it reliable? Easy to use? Compatible with PS3, PCs, Mac (duh), :apple:TV. iphone?

Also, do all new macs have wireless N?

Last, Because it is wireless N, will the range be longer even if we don't have wireless N cards?

2. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Got one a few months ago. Good router, very stable.

Only thing I don't like about it is it has the crappy Airport Utility instead of a web-based control panel, but if you can get past that it's good.

3. maclover007 macrumors member

i bought mine a month ago and i luve it.very easy setup and i LUV Airport Utility;m. it has been stable and i have never had 2 reset it

4. Sherman Homan macrumors 6502

All new Mac laptops come with "N" speed cards. Desktops Pros are optional. The Extreme is great router and will work perfectly with Macs, PCs, XBox etc. There is some voodoo when you add "A" "B" or "G" cards to the mix. The overall speed will drop, but not all the way down to the slowest card. The range is much better than a typical "G" router.

5. MacBlackBook22 macrumors 6502

MacBlackBook22

I just added a PS3 to my system and it works just fine with the Extreme as do the 2 macbooks and the windows (though that is hard wired to the extreme