AirPort Extreme + sbg6580 bridge mode

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by hexon, Dec 11, 2013.

1. hexon macrumors member

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

3. hexon thread starter macrumors member

Unfortunately no. Part of the problem is that they just updated their firmware so it's impossible to directly follow any of the current guides out there. I've gone as far as putting the MAC address for the airport's ethernet, 2.4 ghz, and 5 ghz into MAC pass through, placing the gateway mode to bridge, turning off wifi radio and wifi network, and turning off DHCP. After nothing works I always have to reset the modem in order to get back into the admin page to change stuff.

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Ahhh... I see. There is a Moto specific forum at DSL reports. Try posting there and maybe specify in the title it seems different with the new firmware.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/motorola

5. hexon thread starter macrumors member

Figured it out! The new firmware for the sbg6580 actually makes it easier to set up bridge mode. You only need to turn off the wifi radio and set the gateway mode to bridged. The problem was that the airport extreme's default settings were bridged mode. I changed it to DHCP and NAT and it worked.

6. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Oh good! Glad you got it worked out. :)

7. Fletchlives macrumors newbie

AirPort Extreme + sbg6580 bridge mode

Hey Hexon, I'm having the exact same issue right now. I've had to keep resetting the Motorola over and over again.

Can you quickly do a breakdown of the steps to solve it? That would be awesome.

Thanks!