Airport Extreme- Sharing Hardrive

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dharmin, Dec 4, 2010.

1. dharmin macrumors newbie

Hi All:

I recently purchased airport extreme and I have extended my wifi using airport express. All printers and others are working fine. The problem is I can't able to share multiple hard drive on my network.

I have connected my 1gb flash drive (Fat32) and I also connected 2tb WD hard drive (FAT32), now I can see both the hard drive on my computer (network)but when I click to access each drive I can only able to access 1gb flash drive I can't able to connect to my 2tb hard disk. From all this it appears that my set up is right. AM I correct or do I have to change set up?Why? :(:confused:

I have MAcbook 13.3, Toshiba (XP) and HP (Vista) computers.

I will be happy if some one point me to right direction. Thanks!!

2. Jolly Giant macrumors 6502a

Jolly Giant

are you using a powered hub to connect the two drives ?

3. dharmin thread starter macrumors newbie

No. I am using ordinary USB hub. I also tried with other 8 gb flash drive along with 1 gb flash drive and I can access both without any problem. The only problem getting is sharing big hard drive (I also tried with 80 gb hard drive). All hard drive R formatted with FAT 32.

So you want me to try powered usb hub. Does it make any difference? How come I can share my printers and two usb flash drive connected via ordinary usb hub?

Appreciate yr help. If you have any other suggestion let me know..

4. Jolly Giant macrumors 6502a

Jolly Giant

it's up to you. what you got to lose, eh ;)

i have a feeling you'll come back and thank me.