Airport Extreme: Show all users?

ppc_michael

Original poster
Apr 26, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Is there a way to have Airport Extreme list all the active users on the network? I have my basestation set up and I want to know if others are using it.

roadapple

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2004
Anyone know of a widget that displays who is connected to your airport network?

There are a couple widgets that display the available wireless networks to join, but none that I can find to show you a quick display of everyone on your network.

.:*Robot Boy*:.

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2005
New Zealand
This is a little off topic, but anyway...

Is there any way to kick someone off of an AirPort network? I have my old G3 connected to the AirPort via Ethernet and I connect wirelessly with my PowerBook. The problem I have is that people tend to use the G3 for Acquisition and it slows my connection to a near halt (see the Test Your Internet Speed thread for more details on my pitiful connection :eek:). Ideally I'd like to restrict the bandwidth that the G3 is allowed to use, but I read somewhere that that is impossible. Therefore I'd like to be able to kick anyone off who gets too greedy ;)

Can it be done?

roadapple

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2004
That would be a sweet widget, quick check of who's connected to your network with the option of a disconnect, screw your neighbor freeloading a download :D

or you could encrypted it, but what's the fun in that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.