Airport Extreme SOOOOO slow

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by carriwags, Jun 24, 2011.

1. carriwags macrumors newbie

My connection seems to be running very slow, sometimes having a connection and then sometimes acting very slow. My internet connection itself is fine and fast. If I plug in the ethernet cable directly to my computer it works great. Something is wrong with the airport where it is taking more than 2 minutes to load a page if at all. However I have full bars showing the wireless conncection. I have tried shutting off and starting the modem, router and computer. I have tried to change the channels on the router for interferrance. Not sure what to do. Do I need to reset the airport and start from scratch? If so, how do I do that? Im not the sharpest when it comes to this kind of stuff. HELP

I am using a speedstream 5100 modem and sbc global internet.

2. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

How are speeds between devices on your own network, with regards to streaming audio / video, or copying files? If local network connections seem reasonably quick, than perhaps it is something to do with your internet settings.

Are you using the same internet settings for wired and wireless? With regards to DNS, DHCP and all?