Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Squonk

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 15, 2005
Are people liking these?

Are any of you running multiple printers and a hard drive off of the USB port? That is what I'd like to do with one.

Any issues using in conjunction with an AirPort Express?

How soon before you think we'll see any of these on the refurb page?

ClassicBean

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Torontoland
I've got one and I love it. Easy to set up, simple, fast, secure, genius.

It works great with my Apple TV. I don't use it in conjunction with an Airport Express but I imagine it works fine. I do have an Airport Express which I have dedicated for travel so it isn't hooked up at the moment.

I do use it for a hard drive but not for printing. Unfortunately, my printer - an HP deskjet - doesn't work with airport express or extreme. Not compatible for some reason. One of the few I believe. But the hard drive works great and I use it to back stuff up from multiple computers without ever transferring the cable.

kalisphoenix

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2005
Crazy about mine. Multiple hard drives and a printer (HP PSC 1510v) working fantastically.

simp

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2006
The new Airport Extreme is great - BUT - there is an issue with dual interface external HDs - i.e. FW/USB - they're generally not recognised. Check out the Apple support forums for details. Support engineers have acknowledged a problem, but no solutions as yet. So if you plan on using an external HD, safest to use a USB-only one. Aside from that, a great product.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.