Airport Extreme Time Machine Probs

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Jasonhenley, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Jasonhenley macrumors newbie

Hi,

Had a Macbook that has been backing up fine using Time Machine to a Hard Drive attached to my Airport Extreme.

Now a proud owner af a 20" iMac:) set it all up and also done the firmware update for my Airport.

The problem I have now is that my MacBook and iMac can't backup using the hard drive attached to the airport.

I have tried reformatting the hard drive, both mac's see the hard drive in finder, both macs can backup to the drive if it is connected directly via usb.

really annoying - has anyone got any other suggestions?

2. nusynergy macrumors regular

nusynergy

Hey.

Im having a similar issue.

I just recently acquired a 500gb Time capsule. The backup starts But never seams to finish. It backups all it is supposed to, then just says "Finishing backup". Iv left it doing this all night before and when i get up i still get "Finishing backup"!! Its getting annoying as i have to kill the backup, and then time machine then does not recognize this as a successful backup and doesn't use it when you "enter Time Machine" so i haven't had a successful backup in a week ever since i started using Time Capsule.

Thanks
    Ed