Airport Extreme unstable internet connections

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hajime, Aug 29, 2014.

1. hajime macrumors 68040

Hello, I have an iPad, a Galaxy Note PRO, a MBP and a PC at home. It is a small home but there are walls. My study room with the Galaxy Note PRO, MBP and PC is next to the dining room where the Airport Extreme is located. Airport Extreme was running well at the beginning but recently, almost everyday I get unstable internet connections. Does it has anything to do with name changing of the device? What settings can I try to attempt to improve the situation? Thanks.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Try following the step in this article to find the best wifi channels for your are then set your Extreme to use those channels. It could be you have other new routers somebody is using nearby interfering.

3. Suture macrumors 6502a

Suture

Are any of those devices newly added, that weren't there before? There have been cases of certain devices sending certain packets that can limit the network (we had this issue when I was an engineer at Verizon). If so, you can try kicking that device off the network (or do this anyone 1 by 1) to see if any of them are causing an issue.

Are they losing the gateway, or dropping completely?

The name of the device (or changing) shouldn't matter.