Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skysnare

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2007
Major problems with this update

I applied this update on my intel MacBook Pro when it first came out and my wireless connection stopped working completely on Mac OS X (it works fine in bootcamp). Just hangs. I get a connection to the router, but it won't go to the internet. Was on the phone with Apple and we tried everything. They suggested I contact linksys and they tried everything. Since Apple would not support "third-party" routers, I even bought an Airport Base station... Same problem... I visited the Apple store and talked to one of the Mac "Geniuses". He tried everything, still nada... He suggested I do an archive install (back to 10.4.8 in my case). I did that and it worked fine for a while until I re-applied this update. When I did, I was back to square one.... So, now I'm back running fine with all updates applied except this one which I won't apply; I will wait for the next airport update, but I will back up my system first befor applying... I would stay far away from this one... :-(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.