AirPort Extreme updates coming soon?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by njaremka, Feb 28, 2011.

1. njaremka macrumors 6502

May 11, 2010
    does anyone know what the refresh cycle is for the airport extreme? i'm considering beefing up my home network, and i'm interested in getting a refurbished unit. however, i may hold off if there is the chance of a new version coming soon.

thoughts? discuss....
  2. alust2013 macrumors 601

Feb 6, 2010
    On the fence
    I don't think there will be a new version anytime soon. There really isn't anything new for them to put in it yet, so it will probably stay the same for a while.
  3. gigapocket1 macrumors 65816

Mar 15, 2009
    The last update to the time machine and airport expresses was after college starts.. so i guess Octoberish.. I would assume the refresh would again be around that time frame
  4. njaremka thread starter macrumors 6502

May 11, 2010
    thanks for the uber-quick reply!

i think i'll pull the trigger. with so many wifi devices in the house, i want to get something a little more robust than just the little airport express we've been using. however, i have to say that i have been amazingly impressed with that little bugger. it has supplied wifi for up to 6 or 7 devices simultaneously at one time or another, with not even a hiccup.
  5. sportster macrumors 6502

Jul 7, 2010
    Katy, TX
    Like the others said, I don't think any major changes are to come.

I just ordered a referb one last week. Can't wait till it shows up, should be on Wednesday.