Airport Extreme - Windows does not detect network

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Tobeb, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Tobeb macrumors newbie

Hi there,

Just setup my Airport Extreme network yesterday and it works great with my iMac. I also have no problems connecting my print server, iphone, ps3, or Wii to the Airport Extreme.

Now when I got to my Windows XP PC, I am unable to detect the Airport Extreme network when I do a refresh of the networks. The PC has a Airlink101 3026 wireless PCI adapter card installed and it can find other networks (Linksys, D-Link) fine but no matter what I do I can't seem to get it to find the Airport Extreme network I just set up.

Even tried entering the SSID and all the settings but it just wouldn't pick it up. The Airport Extreme is setup as a visible WEP connection (Tried WPA as well). Even my Nintendo DS can find the connection in the same room as my PC.

Can anyone tell me what is going on? Is it the crappy Airlink101 that isn't compatible with the network and I need to get a new PCI card? Or have I set something up wrong?

Thanks

2. John Jordan macrumors newbie

Hi-

My Airport extreme is working fine with my Mac (internet & printer) too. The internet works with the PC but not the printer.

Anyway, I might suggest you try using a direct cable rather than the wireless card. I have an ethernet connection for both.

John
    PS, Applecare can be helpful 800.275.2273

3. rontheancient macrumors regular

I had the same problems as you, but then I applied this update:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloadS/...4d-e7c1-48d6-95ee-1459234f4483&displaylang=en

It solved my WPA2 problems and some discoverability issues. I would suggest applying this update and set your Extreme for WPA2 Personal and make sure "Create Closed Network" is unchecked.

Good Luck