Airport extreme with self assigned IP

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by aethelbert, Jan 7, 2008.

1. aethelbert macrumors 601

So I got a new airport extreme today and so far, it's being a piece of junk. It took me two hours to actually get it to allow Windows to get onlinee from it. The only way that I could get it to allow Windows online was to run it in bridge mode. But now it keeps having my macbook and pro self assign IP addresses. So they can't get online while the Vista desktop can. Any other mode allows the network to be seen, but they don't allow the internet to go through.

Is there any easy (like it said on the box :rolleyes:) way to fix this self assigned IP crap while still allowing the internet to come to the computers? I've got it to stop having the individual systems self assigning, but then nothing can go online.

My ISP is roadrunner (by BrightHouse) in Indianapolis, if that helps.

Thanks

2. rickkeller macrumors newbie

Resolution?

Did you resolve this? I am having the same issue. The AEBS set to bridge mode and windows PC on the network can get on the internet, but my MacBook Pro shows a self-assigned IP and no internet

3. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Holy Dead Thread Resurrection Batman!

Found this discussion over at Apple support about the autoassign "problem"

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1876657&start=15&tstart=0

No one mentioned the windows side of things, but there were several suggestions and this one seemed the most successful at ridding it of the ip autoassign:
    Best of luck.