Airport extreme working bug showing not found

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by TheClaff, Oct 3, 2015.

1. TheClaff macrumors member

I have a new Airport Extreme (tall, latest model) and a previous gen flat base station. Both were working fine until about 2 weeks ago. Now when I go into the Airport Utility on Mac or iPad, the main Base Station Extreme that is plugged into the Comcast Router via Ethernet cable shows Device Not Found. But I am connected to the network I setup on this device.

The Older Model Airport extreme stopped connecting and flashes yellow and even with a hard reset it now doesn't even show up in the Airport Utility.

Haven't had any issues with these for 2+ years and nothing changed on the network side - just newer iOS9 and El Capitan on the devices.

2. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

@TheClaff When the main AirPort drops out, then the secondary base station will flash amber as it loses its connection. Is the main AirPort in DHCP & NAT mode or bridge mode?

3. TheClaff thread starter macrumors member

Rebooting the Airport Extreme Base Station made it now show up Airport Utility so I was able to connect to it. But the older Airport Extreme still flashes yellow. The main base station is setup in Bridge Mode, and is connected to my comcast router/modem via Ethernet. The older Extreme goes through the setup in Airport utility to set it up to extend the network but fails with a error before completing the setup.

4. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Make the modem go into bridge mode and use the main base station in DHCP & NAT mode. I had this same problem with Comcast hardware and that was the only way to resolve the issue.

5. TheClaff thread starter macrumors member

Thanks - not just need to figure out how to go into setup for the comcast modem since the service guy set it up originally. Strange that it worked for a while without issue and then suddenly stopped working.

6. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

That is exactly what occurred in the similar situation at school. I believe it is affected by load on the DHCP services through the Comcast hardware.