Airport Extreme

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MonsterRain, Jul 3, 2011.

1. MonsterRain macrumors member

I've never had problem one with my Airport Extreme, since owning it the last 3 or so years. Until today (and even then, you could say it's probably an issue with what I'm trying to do with it). I was given a laptop for work, a ThinkPad T410 i5. Pretty neat. I'm trying to connect to the CiscoVPN and another VPN simultaneously using openVPN. On the work network, no issues. On a friend's Evo/hotspot, no issues. On my Airport, I can connect, but the moment I try to do anything, whether on the intranet, or internet, one or both VPNs disconnects. Sometimes the wifi connection will even show as "dropping". But it doesn't, since I'm connected on my macbook pro as well.

When I connect straight to the router, wired, it works just fine.

I guess what I'm wondering is, to avoid having to be wired all day...what can I really do? There's not really a lot of options for opening up ports or anything that I can see, unlike most routers. Any ideas?

2. tums macrumors member

Sounds like either a configuration issue on either your laptop or Cisco VPN. Does your system adminstrator allow VPN over wifi?

3. MonsterRain thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, they do. I've used it on several wifi connections at work, just been unable to get it to work away from work.

4. tibere86 macrumors member

I'll have to lean with tums and say this is a configuration issue you should take up with you IT department. I too use a ThinkPad for work with Cisco VPN with my 4th gen Airport Extreme and have no issues besides the mediocre throughput thru the tunnel :rolleyes: