Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kjaxplicit24

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 18, 2009
Once you bridge your gigabit router with a 100mb router do your gigabit ports work as gigabit ports or are they downgraded to 100mb ports?

I just installed an AE to my Verizon Fios router in bridge mode. Wondering if I will be getting gigabit speeds with devices hooked up to the AE's LAN ports

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
Once you bridge your gigabit router with a 100mb router do your gigabit ports work as gigabit ports or are they downgraded to 100mb ports?

I just installed an AE to my Verizon Fios router in bridge mode. Wondering if I will be getting gigabit speeds with devices hooked up to the AE's LAN ports

Yes, you will. If the devices you connect to the AEBS have network cards that handle it.

kjaxplicit24

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 18, 2009
Yes, you will. If the devices you connect to the AEBS have network cards that handle it.

I just connected a MyBook Live with gigabit ethernet to the AEBS. So I should now be transferring at gigabit speeds?

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
I just connected a MyBook Live with gigabit ethernet to the AEBS. So I should now be transferring at gigabit speeds?

Yes. But you will likely stay at speeds around 30-60 MBps (240-480 Mbps) most of the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.