Airport extreme.....

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by hauss316H, Oct 9, 2007.

1. hauss316H macrumors member

I currently have a d-link router in which i only get 30%-45% of signal where most of my electronics are. i have a imac, tivo, xbox360, ps3 (all wireless) and a pc (wired) that i would like to have running at all times versus turning one off to get the other to get internet. will the airport extreme handle this? also, will i get better range with regular b/g connections?

2. hauss316H thread starter macrumors member

3. OldSkoolNJ macrumors 6502

OldSkoolNJ

I have a Wii, Xbox 360, PSP, iPhone, MacBook Pro, MacBook, iMac 17in, 2x AppleTVs and 3 Airport Expresses added as clients and a 24in iMac as well an OdSKool Xboxthat connect via ethernet. These all connect great and have great speed. You should not have a problem connecting what you have. Only tip give is if your gonna run security (which you should) run Access Control instead of encryption. Keeps things moving nicely with out the slow downs of encryption.

Kevin :apple:

4. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

One shouldn't mistake Access Control or MAC filtering with Security ;)

5. hidehide macrumors 6502

After reading AEBS has problem with BT.. and the file server doesnt work with windows, and its slow..
    I ended up getting a Linksys WRT54GL + DDWRT with 1/3 of the price of AEBS..

6. macleod199 macrumors 6502

Ha. I guess it depends what they feel is important, eh? MAC filtering/access control without filtering is like putting huge locks on your doors, but living in a glass house with no blinds. Wouldn't bother some people, I suppose.