Airport Extreme

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by JForestZ34, Mar 14, 2009.

1. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

Stupid question I just have to ask.. LOL.. How many of you guys leave your AEBS on all the time..

James

2. azdunerat macrumors regular

Let me guess. Are you worried about how hot the effer gets? I will tell you I called apple ten minutes after turning the thing on becaue I have never had a router get "hot" on me before. Nice lady said its perfectly normal and not to turn it off and on. So one month into it and its just there.

3. mik34 macrumors member

4. JForestZ34 thread starter macrumors 6502a

How did you guess? I plugged it in and the thing got really warm within 20 mins. My other router never did it but then again that one wasn't an airport extreme. Thanks for the help.

James

5. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

Mine has been on for the nine months I've had it. All is fine.

6. skorpien macrumors 68020

If it was designed to be turned off, they'd have incorporated a power button/switch. My Time Capsule's on all the time, and that thing gets even hotter than the AEBS cuz of the hard drive in that sucker. Don't worry about it.

Also, if you want you could always raise the AEBS off the surface it rests on with some plastic risers. This creates airflow beneath it and helps with cooling it down. My TC runs a lot cooler since I've done that.

7. elgrecomac macrumors 65816

elgrecomac

Been on for 13 months straight.....

since the day I bought it I have NEVER turned it off.

8. chandsa Guest

Works just fine for me, I've left it on since the day I bought it though I was quite surprised by the heat this thing can put out. Like someone else mentioned if it was designed to be turned off and on I would have expected to see a "on/off" switch on it.

Cheers!

9. viperguy macrumors 6502

viperguy

Uh.. I turn mine off when I know I won`t be using it for some time.