Airport Extremes Discounted in Refurb Store

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by blevins321, Apr 11, 2012.

1. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Just thought that I would pass along this curious tidbit. Apple's Refurb Store has the Airport Extreme from last year for $139. I just picked up an open-box one from Best Buy for $149 last week, but when I looked online, Apple's were also priced at $149. I wonder if this is an indication of a pending refresh? Or maybe just clearing out some returned inventory.

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Probably a clear out, I can't see a refresh until the new standard is up and running....wouldn't make any sense really. Good price though.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The refurb store inventory changes frequently, sometimes several times a day, and doesn't have any direct relation to upcoming product releases. What's available in the refurb store is determined by what has been returned to Apple. If you're looking for a particular item, refurb.me can alert you when it becomes available.

4. hafr macrumors 68030

Just out of curiosity, what do you think the refurbs are?

5. waw74 macrumors 68030

from taking 2 seconds and looking at the page in the refurb store and seeing

I'm gonna say they're the dual band released in June 2011.

also from the original post...
    still going to have to go with my gut on this, and saying the dual band released in June 2011.

6. hafr macrumors 68030

You missed the point.