Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Platform

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 30, 2004
if you have two or more Mac's hoocked up to a wireless network...lets say and Airport staion "Extreme or Express".

The could you send file from one computer to the other over the Airport station :confused:

Applespider

macrumors G4
I'd imagine so since if you've got 2 Macs with airport cards (and no airport base) you can send files between them.

You need to enable Personal File Sharing and (making a note of your computer's name) use Finder to 'Connect' to that computer.Depending on what files you're sharing, you might have to turn on Sharing within that application's Preferences as well.

There may be an easier way to do it - I've only had to use it a couple of times.

Platform

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 30, 2004
Applespider said:
I'd imagine so since if you've got 2 Macs with airport cards (and no airport base) you can send files between them.

You need to enable Personal File Sharing and (making a note of your computer's name) use Finder to 'Connect' to that computer.Depending on what files you're sharing, you might have to turn on Sharing within that application's Preferences as well.

There may be an easier way to do it - I've only had to use it a couple of times.

Oh OK thanks......but is it possible to do it trough the base sation in case there are more than two computers :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.