Airport freezes my Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 13eefcake, Jan 10, 2008.

1. 13eefcake macrumors newbie

So for the past couple of weeks, i have been having a problem with my macbook. Everytime i surf the web, via safari, my macbook just freezes with the beach ball spinning around the open windows, and the task bar at the top of my screen. It doesnt allow me to do anything... apart from a force shutdown (hold power button for 10 secs). I have come to a conclusion that airport is the problem. As this only happens when im connected to the internet via airport. Built-in Ethernet doesnt give me any problems. So im 100% sure that airport is culprit. Ive tried to download the latest updates. Cant install airport extreme due to version clash etc (Hard drive does not meet the requirements.) Ive tried looking on the net for answers... but i dont have a clue.
    Ive tried to repair my disk and verify it through disk utility. Ive also noticed that now... i cant do a PRAM reset, if it is even neccesary... Cant run in safe mode... and continously force shutting down my computer is stacking up bad clusters which im not too interested in... I even went as far as Reformatting my computer, and partitioning it. It is not the router because it happen with all the wireless networks ive joined (school, home, etc)...
    Ive had my macbook for 1month already... could it be a hardware thing? or a software thing?
    Please help me out ? :confused:

2. theninja macrumors newbie

theninja

I've got the same problem after getting new modem and new service from my provider and I've decided to get new provider as soon as possible, since there's something wrong with my network. I can't even configure Time Capsule anymore or copy anything from it... Basically everything freezes after a while working with it.