AirPort Freezes My MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by iMero, Nov 21, 2008.

1. iMero macrumors newbie

I have new MacBook Aluminum, it's totally cool. But there is one problem that i worry about. I can't tour on AirPort. when i hold "tour on" button, MacBook just freezes and then i can't do anything, just shut it down by pressing shutdown button for 5 seconds. i can't find out what is a problem? it's Mac X OS, or AirPort card problem? what should i do? will reinstalling of the OS help?
    i even thought that it could be problem of my Mac X installation DVD, could it be damaged? :confused:

Please Help :)

2. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

What is this "tour on" your talking about?
    do you mean TURN on?
    Are you sure your in range of a wireless network?
    It wouldnt hurt to try and reinstall OSX

also where is this button you are holding?

3. rpikulski macrumors newbie

Maybe I found our solution?

Hey guys, I have been experiencing the exact same problems with my macbook freezing and my girlfriend just came across this thread in a forum. I just came across it, so I don't know how much it will really help, but I thought I would share it with all of you anyway.

Here is the link: http://appledefects.com/wiki/index.php?title=MacBook_Pro

Heat-related Keyboard/Trackpad Issues:

After using the laptop for a while (1+ hours), then rebooting, the keyboard and trackpad will cease to function. The problem resolves itself if the computer is allowed to cool off.

The problem is more common when the battery is being charged.
    The problem is due to a break that develops in the ribbon cable connecting the keyboard and trackpad to the logic board. This is most likely a result of pinching from the walls of the battery housing due to heat induced expansions or external pressure. Replacing the ribbon cable solves the problem. The ribbon cable is packaged with the topcase replacement part from apple.

Tip: Download and install the SMC Fan Control for Mac. http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/23049[1] This utility allows you to set a higher speed for the fans, and will display the internal temp of your MacBook Pro (or MacBook) in the menu. I have found running the fans at a higher speed than the default 1000RPM helps a lot. I find in a warm room, when running Photoshop, that I have to keep the fans at 4000RPM to maintain a temp of less than 150F. PS, this has helped with the ATI display problem below, but not completely fixed it.