Airport goes wacky, will only load pages on rollover

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by glenh2oman, Oct 17, 2010.

1. glenh2oman macrumors newbie

I have a black MacBook running 10.5.8, and it's been having airport problems. When browsing the web, I'll start loading a page, but the blue progress bar goes nowhere. I've noticed, however, that if I click the airport icon and rollover the name of the wireless network I'm on, the page loads normally. I don't believe this is a software issue as I've replaced the HD and it still happens. I also have no Bluetooth capability; system profiler just says 'not available'. Bluetooth and airport are the same module IIRC. The apple hardware test showed nothing wrong... What can I do? Are there any other testing utilities to check the airport? This doesn't happen every time, sometimes it works with no trouble. Any help is appreciated.

2. belvdr macrumors 603

What happens if you connect via the LAN jack? If the problem persists, it's not the wireless.

Also, when you replaced the hard drive, did you just clone the original drive over or did you perform a clean install of OS X onto the drive?

3. glenh2oman thread starter macrumors newbie

I had to replace the hard drive after the first one physically failed. I was unable to pull any data off the old one, and was stuck with doing a clean install (luckily I still had my leopard DVD). I have never had an issue with the Internet when using the Ethernet.