Airport Graphite can't see internet!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by trex66, Jun 4, 2008.

1. trex66 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone, I hope someone can give me some help. I have a Graphite Airport that can't access the internet. I'm trying to set it up on a 8 port switch, but the only way the internet will work is if I put a hub between the two... I believe the hub is 10mbps and the switch and Linksys router(WRT54GP2)is 10/100 the speed is the only thing I can think of that might be a problem (I heard somewhere that the Graphite won't work with 100mbps) - I have the Airport set up as a bridge and it connects with my laptops and shows a connection with the router in its admin program, but I just can't get any internet? It also works in DHCP mode, again only off that 10mbps hub- before I get any questions, I don't use the Linksys wireless because I have a network printer working off the switch so I use the Airport for wireless printing with as well. Thanks in advance...

2. trex66 thread starter macrumors newbie

update

I did some tests and it has to be the speed issue, nothing else I have connected to the switch has any problems. Everything runs at 100mbps no skips, hiccups or bumps. For some reason the Graphite doesn't like the speed and will only work at 10mbps. I guess the ABS can't slow the speed down itself and needs a hub or something to do it. I reinstalled V3.84 firmware because of past issues with Comcast, but nothing changed. So am I stuck with this hub or is there something I can do so I can just use the switch?