AirPort Help: WDS Setup

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sturob, Feb 9, 2008.

1. sturob macrumors regular

Hi,

I have been using an AEBS + Airport Express to extend the range of my home network for several years. I'm now onto the latest version of the AEBS (the squarish one that looks like a bulemic Mac Mini). I recently bought a new Mac (MBA), and realized that I had forgotten the password for my own network. No problem, I think to myself; how hard can it be to reconfigure the WDS netowrk?

Oh, wow.

Anyone have any tips for how to reconfigure this? I can't find (probably because I've thrown away) the CD that came with either the AEBS or the Airport Express, so I do not have the Setup Assistant. I just have the AirPort Utility. I feel like I should be able to set this up, but . . . I have set up the AEBS to be the single entity on the network without any trouble, but I can't seem to see the Express. Despite restarting it. And resetting it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Stuart

2. jwtadmin macrumors newbie

I just purchased the same setup brand new out of the box today.

I used the express setup to configure the express as a wireless extension (WDS) after having several failures with it. It just worked.

Now I have the express set up as a WDS but it disappears after a few min after a restart of the extreme base station. The Express shows up in the wireless clients page with a data rate of 1 and it has no IP in the DHCP table.

This is disappointing to say the least.

I too have an MBA. My other clients are all g only.

3. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

You might look in the keychain for the password. I recently got a Mini and had forgotten the password. Sure enough, it was in keychain.

4. jwtadmin macrumors newbie

5. jwtadmin macrumors newbie

Still having problems with this... I thought I had it licked but it still was disappearing.

I can keep it online by continuously pinging the express, but that seems silly.