Airport help?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jakoby94, Jul 1, 2011.

1. jakoby94 macrumors newbie

I've posted this on several different forums, and none of the solutions have helped.

I am clueless as to what went wrong. I am running OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8, and on tuesday I came home to find that my Airport would not connect to my wireless router. I have never had this problem with my trusty Mac before except for the occasional random dropped connection (but that could always be fixed by turning Airport off then on again), but this problem seems to have no solution. Reseting my router doesn't work, turning aiport off and on doesn't work, and restarting the mac doesn't work.

I can see the network and it has 3 bars, but when I go to connect it just says connection timeout, nomatter how many times I click the damned "connect" button. Sometimes on its own it will connect to the 5ghz frequency (I have 2 from the same router, 2.4ghz and 5ghz, the 2.4ghz is the one that works and it always connects to) and it will work fine, but as soon as I do anything other than web browsing such as try to log in to WoW or download a song, it will drop the connection and won't connect again for a few hours.

Like I said, I don't know what happened. I didn't change any settings, I wasn't even home for petes sake! All of my other computers in the house (which aren't macs) work perfectly fine and are unnaffected by whatever went wrong, so I believe this is a mac problem. I don't think it was the 10.6.8 update either since I haven't updated my system in a few weeks, so it doesn't make sense to screw things up now.

2. Detrius macrumors 68000

Try using your Mac at a different location. If it doesn't work, you likely have a bad Airport card.