Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kenom

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2006
Hi Guys,

This is prob a stupid question but i need help. i have a wireless network setup at home, and was able to connect to it just by selecting my location by automatic, but i was playing around with settings last night and now i've deleted my "AUTOMATIC" location, any help on how to restore it or even if i can re enter the settings manually???

Ken

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
I don't believe you actually need the automatic setting. I don't know how to restore it, but you should be fine without it.

kenom

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2006
see i was never able to setup a proper wireless network for some reason, so basically i just had it connected to my modem through ethernet and my ibook just connected to that connection through the AUTOMATIC location :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

ImNoSuperMan

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2005
So u mean you have a wireless router but use it only via ethernet.
Huh. I m not an expert but I`d advice you to try using your airport. If you can connect via ethernet than you can connect wirelessly too. So try to search your network and connect to it. You dont need any setting in your Mac to connect to a WiFi network. Just choose from the available options.

And if that doesnt work than please tell us which router and broadband connection you r using?

kenom

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2006
ok, i have my external broadband modem, and a wireless router. i was always able to connect to the router through wireless but i no longer can. the name of the network (default) is asking me if i'd like to join the network snd when i select ok to join it reads error in connecting to "default" network.

i have an edimax br-6204wg wireless router
a zyxel 600 series broadband modem
windows xp as my main computer
and apple ibook as my laptop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.