Airport help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by achie25, May 11, 2007.

1. achie25 macrumors 6502

Well I messed things up when I tried to create a closed network. I ended up taking it in to the Apple store yesterday and they helped me at the genius bar. He had to reset my Airport a couple of times. I took that in with my powerbook. When I got home it was not owrking so I reset m airport again and finally it was working. Now my base station is not showing up on my computer and I cannot connect to the internet.

Any ideas as to what I could try? Or do I need to buy a new airport to get it to work?

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

I had the same problem with my AEBS every time I clicked closed network and rebooted my laptop it would not connect, so I just left it alone and it's been working ever since. I would suggest you put some security on it like WPA or WEP

3. achie25 thread starter macrumors 6502

I tried to put WEP on it and now it won't even show up as a possible network connection. I also tried to start over and set up a network and it is unable to find the airpot base station.

4. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

I would try to do a factory reset on the AEBS and start from scratch. There is a small button on the back of the base that you push in while it's powered on. That should set it back to factory. If you still need help you can IM me

5. achie25 thread starter macrumors 6502

Went back to the apple store and had them help me at the genius bar. Apparently it was a bad airport.
    Thankfully I have Applecare that covered it. Got a brand new one.
    Sure was nice to actually work with a company that had great customer service for once!

6. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Awesome glad you got it fixed :D