Airport Help!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by iisdmitch, Feb 11, 2008.

1. iisdmitch macrumors member

Okay I recently purchased the wireless N airport router. One of my computers is having a hard time connecting, so here is the situation.....
    Okay I have an Imac in which the router is hooked up to, I have a Toshiba laptop with xp and a dell desktop with xp. The Toshiba connects no problem, but the dell desktop is using a Linksys wireless usb adapter to connect and its not picking up the wireless signal and its only 1 room over which is not very far. I have heard that sometimes there are problems between Linksys and Mac, but if they are both wireless G it should not matter right? Anyone have any suggestions???

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Try setting the linksys to b only and see if it can connect. Otherwise, disconnect and reconnect the adapter (I have a Belkin that would just not operate unless disconnected and reconnected for some reason on my moms PC).

TEG

3. iisdmitch thread starter macrumors member

I tried doing what you said and nothing. Before I had a Dlink router and it was working fine. I just dont understand why another computer is picking it up, but this one will not.

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Does the Toshiba have an n or g card installed. Perhaps the Airport is only sending out one type of signal. Try sending out an a/b/g/n signal and see what happens. Or just reset the Airport.

TEG

5. iisdmitch thread starter macrumors member

ya the toshiba is wireless g, so I dont understand why the other computer will not pick up a wireless signal from the airport, because it does pick up other wireless signals.

6. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

It could be a driver issue, or the Airport is being interfered with. Try moving it around. Also, check the power settings or interface robustness. Try entering the SSID manually into the Dell and see if that works.

TEG