Airport in bridge mode --> NAT

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by wedge234, Apr 27, 2008.

1. wedge234 macrumors member

So I have an airport extreme that I have in bridge mode that is managing the wireless connections of my computers and PS3, which is hooked into a linksys BEFSR41 that is handling the DHCP and wired to the internet. The issue I am having is that the NAT is restricted on my PS3, even though I have assigned a static IP to the PS3 and dropped the PS3's IP address in the DMZ. Is it possible that the airport is restricting the NAT, even though it is in bridge mode? Is there anything I'm missing that's preventing the NAT from opening up?

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

Have you tried connecting your PS3 directly into your Linksys via ethernet? Chances are if you're still experiencing problems after doing that, it's the Linksys and not the Time Capsule. Also, are you placing your PS3's IP address into the DMZ of your Linksys or Time Capsule? Sorry for all the questions but I'm just trying to get a better idea of your setup.

3. wedge234 thread starter macrumors member

No problem. I have not tried that (and the logical step would've been to try that, I don't know why I didn't :p). I dropped into the linksys DMZ, as you can't control any port forwarding or anything with the airport in bridge mode. I'll try plugging it in directly tonight and report back.