Airport in MDD

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Lil Chillbil, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Lil Chillbil macrumors 65816

Lil Chillbil

I bought an original airport card for my MDD in hopes of having some bare minimum wireless networking on it. And when I try to turn it on in network settings it doesn't turn on

OS Leopard

Steps taken so far
    Reseting SMC/PRAM
    Booted Safe Mode

2. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

So the machine DOES see the card in System Profiler and under Prefs, it just won't turn it on?

3. Lil Chillbil thread starter macrumors 65816

Lil Chillbil

4. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

Well first thing I would do is make sure it isn't an installed OS issue. Can you boot it from another OS install or from the Leopard DVD and see if it can connect from there? I would also make sure there isn't any dust on that card slot where it attaches to the logic board creating a problem. Aside from that, it could just be a bad card.

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Open System Preferences and go to your Network Preference pane. The system should see a new port (Airport). Save the port by clicking "Apply".

That will let you turn Airport on.

The system is probably not seeing it yet.

Had this happen the other night when I added the native Airport Extreme card to my G5. Airport would not turn on until the Network pref pane added it as a port.

6. Lil Chillbil thread starter macrumors 65816

Lil Chillbil

I'll try what @eyoungren said in the morning as i'm installing snow leopard on my Mac Mini atm.