Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bohoo2u

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
I have been using my macbook pro to connect to my college's wireless network for the last several months. A week ago, I was no longer able to connect. The computer shows that it is connected to the network but it actually isn't. The WEP key disappeared, so I went to my schools tech support to have it re-entered. Every time the key is re-entered it seems like it should be saved, and the network shows up as WEP. But when you click on the network, it seems convinced that it is an open, security free network. Because of this, I cannot use the wireless. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? Is my keychain messed up (the computer doesn't give you an option to save the password to the keychain)?

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    82.3 KB · Views: 62

Inconsequential

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2007
Don't you have to select the security from the drop down box?

Some routers don't send the information, I've had to manually input it in my iBook a few times before! :)

killerrobot

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2007
Go into system preferences>network
select your airport and then configure
under the airport tab make sure you have
"By default join:" select the option for preferred networks
select the options
make sure you have "Disconnect from networks when I log out" unchecked.

The only time it asks me for the password is if for some reason I turn airport off while the computer is running and while connected to the network then turn it back on trying to reconnect.

EDIT:I just saw your photo, and you did the first part so just check in the options.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.