Airport Issues with G4 desktop

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Shawn D, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Shawn D macrumors regular

Hey guys this is my first post here and I plan to have many more, But at this point I am having issues with my G4 desktop. I bought a wireless card on ebay for it and it worked well for about 6 months but now I seem to be having problems connecting to my network. I can see it but it will not let me connect it says there were problems trying to connect or something so I don't know what to do :confused: Are there some tricks?

Any help would be much, much appreciated :eek:

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Try downloading a wireless sniffer like kismac or macstumbler to see what interference you might have. Also do you happen to have cordless phone? That can also cause problems.

3. Shawn D thread starter macrumors regular

Now that I have kismac how do I go about checking the interface, btw im doing all this stuff on a laptop because obviously the desktop is not online

4. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Try looking around to see what other wireless devices it finds. Then try changing wireless channles that no one is using

5. Shawn D thread starter macrumors regular

I'm out in the country so no other Wireless networks can interfere there arnt any other on the list. All the other machines on the network are working perfectly except the G4 desktop and I have no clue why

6. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Try checking the antenna cable going into the airport card. Some times they come loose.

7. Shawn D thread starter macrumors regular

The issue isnt the signal its just the fact that it wont let me connect to the network for some reason.. the signal is fine

8. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Maybe you have a bad wireless card? Does it show up in kismac? Also try removing it and then reboot then reinstall it to see if it works. Also can you try to pinging the device

9. Shawn D thread starter macrumors regular

well great now I'm not getting any video on the machine and no beeps just the power on sound.. dang it

10. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Check to see if your memory came loose. This will cause this issue.