AirPort Issues with New Router

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SnowHusky, Oct 12, 2009.

1. SnowHusky macrumors newbie

SnowHusky

Hello,

I've had a wireless router connected to my cable modem and it worked very well with no interruption to my wireless MBP. The router was quite old and has finally died so I replaced it with a new NetGear RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N router (WNDR3300 if that matters).

Anyway, the issue is intermittent periods of disconnecting. There must be a problem with the router that need be resolved, but the problem is more persistent in my Mac. Even when running BootCamp on my MBP, the connection does not drop as much. In the Mac the connection drops every 2-5 minutes it seems, and when it does, it takes at least 2 minutes to select the proper network in the Airport settings. (I'm disconnected even as I write this--time to reconnect :mad:)

Is this a known issue or is there something I can do to fix the settings in my Mac? Sorry for the confusing post, I'm just a bit baffled.

Thanks!

Edit:
    This is the first of the 13" MBPs

2. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

3. SnowHusky thread starter macrumors newbie

SnowHusky

Thanks for the response. I looked it up and am willing to try it, but when I go to the page for the router (and this is probably off-topic, but I'm unsure and perhaps you are experienced here), I must download the initial flashing file, and there are several additional files. Must I download and install the initial, then install each other download--or one of the others (if so, which)?

Thanks again.

4. SnowHusky thread starter macrumors newbie

SnowHusky

I just installed the initial for my router. Seems to be working much better now-- no drop-offs yet.

Thanks! :D:apple: