Airport Issues

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mattyb240, May 22, 2009.

1. mattyb240 macrumors 6502a

Hi,

I have an Early 08 MBP, I went away from my student home for the weekend, but when I arrived I noticed my signal keeps on dropping from my room to the point where I can't access the internet. I have done PRAM reset, and used all of Onyx's cleaning utilities but still with no success. The only thing that has changed is the router's firmware, but no settings I can see have changed?

I spoke to apple care and they wrekon it is an interference issue? But this can happen even when I am next to the router? Could it be the channel and frequency the router is on?

I am at a loss and can't really take it to an Apple Store just yet!

Thanks

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Which brand and model of wireless router do you have? Also, are there any other wireless devices nearby (for example, wireless phones on the 2.4 GHz frequency band, which I have, and can sometimes wreak havoc with wireless connectivity also on 2.4 GHz)? One other thing to check is the channel - the Mac might be failing to find the channel the router's broadcasting on. Changing the channel usually fixes this.

3. mattyb240 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well I am in a student town so there are dozens of routers etc near by! I think the channel was the issue, since experimenting I think I have found a stable one!

Thanks for tips! :):apple: