Airport just blinking yellow

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by SteffiT, Aug 7, 2009.

1. SteffiT macrumors newbie

SteffiT

Be gentle everyone, I have never used this board before.

I am having a problem with my airport. I have had it for 2 years never with any problem. I have a MacBook with OS X Version 10.5.7 that I got at the same time.

The place I am at uses a company called Ygnition Cable, partners with Dish Network. I have been here 11 months & just 2 months ago my airport stopped working. My internet was acting up so I had them send a rest signal & my inernet now works if it is plugged right in to the laptop but the airport light just blinks yellow. I have restarted it, unplugged it. Tried to mess with the settings. The cable people helped me through a lot of stuff on their end but no luck.

I don't want to pay the $49 whatever to Apple if its fried.

Could anyone walk me through what to do if they know please? Thank-you!:confused:

2. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

Apple updated the Airport software about two months ago. It doesn't show up in Software Update but is automatically downloaded by the router. Go to Airport Utility under Applications > Utility and see if it asks you to allow your router to be updated. Best wishes.

3. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

Doesn't airport utility only allow apple devices to be updated?

4. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

Yes, but he said "the airport light just blinks yellow" so I assumed he was talking about an Apple airport since that's what Apple equipment does. Sorry, I don't know anything about Ygnition equipment.

5. SteffiT thread starter macrumors newbie

SteffiT

Thank-you so much! That worked! Something so simple that no one has told me!