airport keeps cutting out

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by fowler., Aug 11, 2008.

1. fowler. macrumors 6502a

fowler.

hey, i'm using an airport (N) as the primary router deal in an office of about 10-12 computers. there will be days with no problems, but then there are days where it'll seriously cut out and have to be restarted about 5 times.

i'm not sure what the story is, but everyone here wants to start breaking **** when it happens.

any ideas on what i can do to optimize this junk? we have access to more airports.. maybe linking them up?

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Did you try a hard reset? Maybe there is interference with other wireless frequencies like wireless phones, or maybe a lcd monitor? try moving the AEBS to a different location and resetting it. That might help.

3. kali amma macrumors newbie

not picking up any networks on airport...

Hi ! See you are in california...is this right? by santa rosa?

if so..i am in sebastopol. not that it matters...but that it was interesting.

nevertheless..I have reached my upper limits and am now dumbfounded with what is going on with my airport and you seemed knowledgable...

so here it goes... what is a "hard reset?"

i am in a situation where my laptop shares wireless with the main desktop computer (neighbors). I use a range expander. Regardless of where I move my laptop too..even if it is in front of the main computer... it is not picking up ANY computer networks. I take the laptop to coffee catz or infusions and it picks up plenty of networks.

i have no idea if its the network or range expander and i have no idea what the difference is between a range expander and an airpot express....

can you offer any enlightment?

i thank you in advance!

consciousloving@peacemail.com

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

well im being baffled so here goes:

a simple setup is the following:

computer >>> router >>> modem >>> phone line socket in wall.

a ranger extender is something that goes between the computer and the router, extending the range (signal). A hard reset, is when you reset the router to factory settings, like restore option on an ipod.

5. snipes300 macrumors newbie

not AEBS problem problem with modem

my friend had this problem and he phoned the network provider and told them the problem and they said it was a modem problem. i would advise you to phone your network provider and get the to replace your modem.:apple: