Airport Keeps Stopping

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by I WAS AN EMPIRE, Apr 11, 2009.

1. I WAS AN EMPIRE macrumors newbie

I WAS AN EMPIRE

Recently my Macbook OS X 10.5.6 has been making the wireless internet in my house stop working. It will happen randomly and I have to unplug my router and modem every time it happens. I know it has to do with the my mac because the other house desktop computers work fine when the mac isn't turned on and not connected to the internet. I've been finding a lot of people have been having the same kind of problem with airport. Can someone please help me out and let me know what I have to do to resolve the problem?
    Thank you

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

It could be you airport firmware. Many people have had this sort of issue with the latest airport firmware update. You may want to consider going back to the previous version of the firmware. Other than that I have no clue what the problem could be. Good luck!

3. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

The AirPort on your MacBook stops working or your MacBook is making your router stop working?

4. I WAS AN EMPIRE thread starter macrumors newbie

I WAS AN EMPIRE

The airport bars on my toolbar are still saying i have signal but i don't get internet and the other computers in my house lose internet too. How and where would i get the previous version of the firmware?

5. chaos86 macrumors 65816

chaos86

Airport keeps stopping.

It's that damn TSA holding up the lines.

6. JamesGorman macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

My airport on my mac stops working and i know that it has to do with my mac because windows laptops connected and wired computers that are connected never lose connection. My macbook will drop the connection every 15 minutes or so and if i want to re connect i have to restart my router. It is rather annoying. Ive never heard of a macbook making your whole network stop though. Thats rather peculiar.

7. I WAS AN EMPIRE thread starter macrumors newbie

I WAS AN EMPIRE

ya, its almost the same problem as yours. what have you done to solve your problem?

8. duchovny.lucas macrumors newbie

Hi,

i've got same problem.

Everything goes fine, until yesterday, when after i woke up my Macbook Aluminium 2.0ghz i couldnt find any wifi network. So i thought, that my router is problem, but on other devices WiFi worked completely okay. I tried turning airport off and on, tried restarting router and nothing. After few minutes, suddenly it detected networks. I searched some forums, someone said that he must diagnosticate and then choose network, this doesnt work for me, i cant detect networks there either. So right now, i really dont know what to do, it's pretty "minddestroying", that i have to worry, if i will connect to internet after i will put my macbook to sleep mode!

Thanks for any help