Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tony2u

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2005
I cannot view some websites. I have 3 macs, Ibook,G4 and a G5. All have the latest OSX. DSL connected to a lynksys wireless router. The G4 is connected via ethernet, the others are wireless. All computers cannot see some sites. I spent days talking to the ISP, checking preferences and got some things fixed but not all. Has anyone had the same thing happen? Could it be the lynksys? As always the ISP denies everything.

Rod Rod

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
That happened to me and my ISP (Comcast) owned up to the fact that it was their fault. They said they were aware of the problem and they were working on fixing it. After a few hours they repaired whatever was broken (I think a whole set of domains was blocked somehow) and everything was back to normal.

Scartissue

macrumors member
Dec 23, 2004
Can anyone help me out? I'm having similar problemswith not being able to view certain sites, or access the iTMS, but only on the iBook. My set up is d-link router, with my Dads lappy being hardwired to that, and then my desktop and iBook wireless. The websites and iTMS work on the PCs. Oh, and the iTMS problem is sending creditcard details, browsing it is still ok

Thanks a bunch

Dave

jim.

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2004
C-ville, VA
Have you tried hooking one of your computers directly to the DSL modem and seeing if the sites are accessible? This would tell you straight off if it is your router or not.

You could also try using an alternate DNS. Perhaps your ISP's primary one isn't updating correctly.

If it does turn out to be your router, you should check to be sure that someone hasn't added some strange site-block filter to its preferences.

Jim

tony2u

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2005
alternate DNS

I have used the ibook to look at the web site at other hotspots and I can access it from there. And my wife's pc can see it fine from home. I know it is either the ISP or the wireless router

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.