Airport Missing

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Phish311, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Phish311 macrumors regular

I have not upgraded to iTunes 8, but suddenly, my computer stopped recognizing my airport express last night. I have made no changes to my computer nor reconfigured anything. It seems many people are having problems with the airport due to iTunes 8, but im still using 7.7 (i think that was the latest before 8). Anyone have this problem or have any advice? Thanks

2. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

3. Phish311 thread starter macrumors regular

I tried restarting the express and same issue. The light on the airport express is green so its connecting with my internet alright

4. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

You did restart the computer too, right? I upgraded to iTunes 8 immediately and have had no AirPort issues.

5. Phish311 thread starter macrumors regular

yes, i have restarted my computer. I have not updated to itunes 8, which means that there is no reason for it to have stopped working in the first place

6. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

Then you'll have to use AirPort Utility to see if you can figure out what's wrong.

7. Phish311 thread starter macrumors regular

airport utility recognizes my airport express until the final phase when it has to restart the express. At that point i get an error message saying that no device is recognized after restart. I have now spoken to Apple about the issue and they sent me a new airport express, however, now my computer wont even recognize it at setup. I have restarted both devices many times with no luck. Im starting to wonder if its a computer problem but i have no clue

8. ThirteenXIII macrumors 6502a

What OS are you using to run the AirPort Express? MacOS or Windows?